Frequency Freaks is now 1 year old… Happy Birthday to Us!!!
To celebrate we are going to host a 3 Module Challenge. Build a patch with only 3 modules a la #3modulechallenge. There will be at least one prize too! We will let you know what it will be soon… in other words, we haven’t decided yet 🙂 . But honestly… you should be doing this for the glory!
- No fully featured voices (mother 32, ToneStar 2600, Atlantis, etc.) Elements is a bit grey… ok if you have to, but… see the last point.
- No sample loops (drum loops, chord sequence loops, melodic sequencer loops). If you do use a sample, it must have been made by you (e.g. your own field recordings are ok).
- If one of your modules is a looper, go ahead and use it… just don’t preload it in a way that goes against point #2.
- Cable based attenuators and stackable cables are ok.
- Output modules don’t count against your total.
- No external mixing.
- No external audio, effects, or processing
- Try and stick with the spirit of the rules. If all you have is Elements as a sound generator, then that’s what you’ll have to use… Still – no Mother32’s or Tonestar 2600 style things that could do a 1 module patch.
So, bring your rig to the next Frequency Freaks event on April 8, 2017. Perform your patch, or play it, or let it play… however it is intended to work. Everyone who attends will vote on the best Frequency Freaks 1st Anniversary 3 Module Patch! The winning patch will be immortalized in a video on our youtube channel.
Looking forward to hearing your patches at the next workshop!