The workshop begins at 3:00pm Eastern time Saturday, February 12, 2022 on our YouTube channel. Please join us for the Premiere at that time if you can make it, or watch later whenever you do have time!
This month we are continuing our exploration of Micro-sound! Michael Brooker hosts an in-depth interview with thispatcher (Michael Palumbo) discussing his use of Micro-sound in modular synths, MAX, and PureData (pd). Of course we always have time for your home studio performances! Instructions for uploading follow. We are all looking forward to seeing you play!
We want to hear from you no matter your level of experience. It might seem like it takes a lot of courage to record and submit a performance but trust us, once you do it, you will want to do it again! Remember, if you need some help with recording please reach out for help in our FaceBook group or on our Discord server. There are no silly questions – we want to get you recording and participating! If you are shy or nervous about showing your face in the video, don’t! Simply do the classic video of hands playing 🙂
Make your recording
- Mobile phone video is great, mobile phone audio is not.
- Record in your DAW at the same time as you record your video. If you are in a place where you have to use headphones, try taking the Tape Out from your mixer as line input to your camera.
- Make any EQ or compression tweaks to the audio in your DAW and then export it. Don’t chop the audio up otherwise the next part may not work so well.
- Open a video editor – most of them should let you do the next steps.
- Import the video from your phone or whatever camera you used
- Import the audio that you exported from your DAW
- Most video editors should let you use the embedded audio in the video from your phone to line up the audio you exported from your DAW. If you can’t do this simply line up the audio manually – nobody will mind if it is a little off – most of the time we won’t be able to tell anyway!
- Disable the audio track that was embedded in the video. (sometimes this is done for you)
- Export the videoWhen you are ready to submit:Name the file: PerformanceName_Firstname_Lastname_FF_February_2022.mp4
IMPORTANT NOTE – performances submitted without the verifiable real name of the performer will not be included in the workshop video
Also important – by uploading a video to the location below, you are agreeing that Frequency Freaks can publish your video on our YouTube channel either as part of a workshop, as a stand alone video, or both.
.mp4 and .mov are preferred before midnight February 9th.
Include links to your bandcamp page / youtube channel / soundcloud / web page in a separate text file that has the same name but ends with .txt and we will include those links in the video description.
Please join us in our Facebook group (linked above) or on our Discord server to get the link to upload. To get access to our Discord server please send a note via the Contact Us page.