5 years of Frequency Freaks? Wow! That went fast! Happy Birthday to our Frequency Freaks community!!! That’s 5 years of workshops, 5 years of fun synth discussions in our Facebook Group, 5 years of performances, discussions and tutorials about the instruments we love!
It is also 5 years of effort from all of you into building a friendly, caring, and helpful community. We hope you can join us on our YouTube channel for the celebration!
The next workshop will be special! Not only is it our birthday, it’s all about random! The theme for this months workshop is Games and Chance. The panel discussion will centre on this topic but you know we always find interesting tangents too! Following that Michael Brooker will be joined by James Cigler, the inventor of PATCH: The Card Game and one of the original synth YouTubers, for a one on one interview.
Have you noticed that we have been uploading the individual segments from our last workshop to make it easier for you to find just the one you want to see? If you didn’t maybe you’re not subscribed to our channel? We have been uploading one segment roughly every other day and will continue to do that until 2 days before the next workshop!
Of course, we always have room for performances! The more the merrier so crank up your inspiration mojo and start recording! Whether it’s your first time or your 50th, we want to hear from you!
Make your recording
- Mobile phone video is great, mobile phone audio is not.
- Record in your DAW at the same time as you record your video.
- Open a video editor – most of them should let you do the next steps.
- Use the embedded audio in the video from your phone to line up the audio you exported from your DAW.
- Disable the audio track that was embedded in the video. (sometimes this is done for you)
- Export the video
When you are ready to submit:
- Name the file:
- IMPORTANT NOTE – performances submitted without the verifiable real name of the performer will not be included in the workshop video
- .mp4 and .mov are preferred
- Use the contact form on the web site to reach out and we will provide a link for your upload