We hope you are keeping well as these strange times continue. One thing that really makes our workshops is performances by members of our little community. We want to hear from you no matter your level of experience. It can take a lot of pluck and courage to record one of these but trust us, once you do it, you will want to do it again! Remember, if you need some help with recording please reach out for help in our FaceBook group or on our Discord server. There are no silly questions – we want to get you recording and participating!
Make your recording
- Mobile phone video is great, mobile phone audio is not.
- Record in your DAW at the same time as you record your video.
- Make any EQ or compression tweaks to the audio and then export it.
- Don’t chop the audio up otherwise the next part may not work so well
- Open a video editor – most of them should let you do the next steps.
- Import the video from your phone or gopro or whatever camera you used
- Import the audio that you exported from your DAW
- Most video editors should let you use the embedded audio in the video from your phone to line up the audio you exported from your DAW.
- If you can’t do this simply line up the audio manually – nobody will mind if it is a little off – most of the time we won’t be able to tell anyway!
- Disable the audio track that was embedded in the video. (sometimes this is done for you)
- Export the video
When you are ready to submit:
- Name the file:
- IMPORTANT NOTE – performances submitted without the verifiable real name of the performer will not be included in the workshop video
- .mp4 and .mov are preferred
- Contact us to get the link to upload. Deadline for uploads is noon (Toronto time) on April 6th.
- Include links to your bandcamp page / youtube channel / soundcloud / web page in a separate text file that has the same name but ends with .txt